perjantai 10. joulukuuta 2010

Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition

Today I saw a film about Spanish inquisition and thought that have my king commit also in such crimes?
The screams of the innocest souls are still echoing in those empty chambers of the Tower of London.
Those poor souls who finally confessed themselfs as witches, heretics or something even worse, just to make the pain stop. 
If my memory serves me right I remember that Sharon Kay Penman wrote something about this issue in her novel "The Sunne in Splendour". 


She had made the powerful lords to say that confession which is given by a tortured person is not trusty one.
I hope some of them in the middle ages was so smart that he did realise that. I also wrote a scene where 
king Richard is chastening his men for using torture as a hearing method.
I really hope that he didn't allow torturing or any other kind of bullying.


Thank goodness the times have changed! What are you saying? They are not!
The mankind is still the same as it was then, only the methods of hearings have become more fanciful...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti